Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I was driving home after dropping my daughter off at school and saw this and some other items at the end of this person's driveway. It turns out, his family was moving and couldn't take some things.... So he didn't mind if I did. The top drawer is broken and missing a knob. Rmoved the drawers... Also removed the bars that the drawers were sitting on... This is the top drawer that I took apart. I want to keep the front panel as I love the curves and will reuse it to hold the pillow in. Sanded it down.... Everything is now sanded down.... And added a bottom piece of scrap wood. I purposely left gaps on each side for ventilation. I painted it with 3 coats of black and then 3 coats of lacquer. I took an old bed pillow, cut it open, removed some filling, sewed it back up and used a pillow case but sewed it to be a little smaller -- making it more snug of a fit. The top view... Close up of inside... I hope my cat likes it. The pillow getting its makeover... Total cost: $3 in spray paint and $2.50 for using half of the can of lacquer... It was fun to create and repurpose this.