So, starting all over, this time using glossy (which is what I really wanted to use in the first place), but then this time, I used StazOn black for the storks and then my new Copic markers. Well, those who are really familiar with Copics know you can't use the two together, because the Copic markers will smear the StazOn ink. Yup, learned that tonight too.
Well, a lightbulb went off in my pretty little head and I used the glossy scrap (as it now is scrap paper since I screwed up for the second time) to experiment.
Used my black VersaFine ink to stamp the storks on glossy and the Copic markers ruined that image again. So did my Fine Point Sharpies in a pretty rainbow of colors.
So, Plan c or D or is it even E now... I don't know... I got a new piece of glossy white cs, grabbed my VersaMark ink and inked up the stork and then inked it up with my black StazOn and stamped it. Repeat and stamped again off to the right. Then I grabbed my heat gun and zapped 'em both! Okay, now I'm on a roll. LOL
Colored them in using my H2O pen and directly from the ink pads, colored in the blankets, the babies, the stork's beak, hat and feet. Used a VersaMark pen, colored them and then sprinkled on some clear EP. Zapped them with my heat gun and now nothing would ruin them... (as I hold my breath)...
Using my well loved but lately neglected stipple brushes, I pounced on some yellow, then light pink, then dark pink then orange inks. I grabbed my wonderful StampScapes tree, inked it up in some green StazOn and stamped several times without reinked (1st, 2nd and 3rd generation images). I wiped off the storks -- this time using a DRY rag and wha-la.
Layered and there ya have it.
Finished card is 6 3/4" x 5 1/4"