Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I was driving home after dropping my daughter off at school and saw this and some other items at the end of this person's driveway. It turns out, his family was moving and couldn't take some things.... So he didn't mind if I did. The top drawer is broken and missing a knob. Rmoved the drawers... Also removed the bars that the drawers were sitting on... This is the top drawer that I took apart. I want to keep the front panel as I love the curves and will reuse it to hold the pillow in. Sanded it down.... Everything is now sanded down.... And added a bottom piece of scrap wood. I purposely left gaps on each side for ventilation. I painted it with 3 coats of black and then 3 coats of lacquer. I took an old bed pillow, cut it open, removed some filling, sewed it back up and used a pillow case but sewed it to be a little smaller -- making it more snug of a fit. The top view... Close up of inside... I hope my cat likes it. The pillow getting its makeover... Total cost: $3 in spray paint and $2.50 for using half of the can of lacquer... It was fun to create and repurpose this.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
His birthday is right before Christmas and I just bought this stamp set and was wanting to try it... I love cardinals. Ran my cs thru my Xyron, added glitter, stamped image, colored with markers. LOVE the glitter of it all. A close up...
This card went to someone who's birthday is coming up. I used a stencil of a tree, moulding paste and sweet light green fine glitter. Love how this looks IRL. Edged the side with a gold paint pen. Layered on black cs. Layered on dry embossed white cs that I also added dry embossed lines before stamping saying in black ink. Layered on a nice matching green folded card.
A sweet birthday card for Celeste. I cut out the jar, layered over the original image. Stamped the label again, cut out and adhered on top. Added Crystal Laquer to the jar to give it a true glass look. And a close up of the "chocolate" - which is moulding paste with brown paint mixed it.